Housing Benefit

If your child is awarded DLA this could increase the amount of Housing Benefit you are entitled to and so you should let Telford & Wrekin council know about your child’s new award. The DWP do not report benefit awards and changes to the council, and it is your responsibility to do so.
Remember, you cannot make a new claim for Housing Benefit and so this only applies if you already have an existing claim.